One of NASCAR’s most popular races, the Brickyard 400, is coming up on Sunday, and the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its 2016 Brickyard 400 By The Numbers Report in order to help fans gear up for the action at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
This includes both an infographic with fun facts and stats about the event as well as a Q&A with a panel of leading sports business experts about the biggest issues facing NASCAR today. A few highlights are below.
- 3.2M – Bricks were used to pave the track in 1909, given the danger of previous crushed stone / tar paving.
- $1,650 – Cost of a table for 6 at the Brickyard Club on race day (includes premium buffet & open bar).
- $2M – Amount Crown Royal pays to be the Brickyard 400’s title sponsor.
- $259,600 – Cost of a race-ready NASCAR vehicle (43% less than raising a Kentucky Derby horse).
- $150K – Amount that most NASCAR drivers pay for life insurance each year.
For the full report, please visit: