After three days at the Fall Classic, I thought I would highlight some players who stood out.
- Nick Moldenhauer – Leafs – He played top-line center for the Chicago Steel and he produced. He scored goals, he was good on face-offs and his speed and skill were on display.
- Chris Delaney – 2023 NHL Draft Eligible – He may currently be 5’6” and 148 pounds but he can play. This center is fast, he got on the scoreboard and he is really good on the penalty kill.
- Alex Bump – Flyers – He was very engaged. Bump was on the top power play and scored a game-tying beauty for his first goal of the season against the NTDP. He was physical and noticeable.
- Oliver Moore – 2023 NHL Draft Eligible – The left wing has crazy speed through the neutral zone. His closing speed to the net matters and he can finish.
- Gavin McCarthy – 2023 NHL Draft Eligible – This defenseman has an excellent first pass. His wrist shot is quick and he’s a two-way player.
- Artyom Levshunov – 2024 NHL Draft Eligible – This defenseman has a bright future. He hails from Belarus. His family went through a hard time getting him here and he probably stays in the USHL next year because of the “Russian Rule” in the CHL. He’s a good puck handler and good on the power play.
- Maxim Strbak – 2023 NHL Draft Eligible – This defenseman is smooth. He has a good first pass. He blocks shots and he’s smart with the puck. He has two points in two games so far.